Tamra Katcher, Esq.
My experience with the Criminal Justice System dates back to my internship and clerkship with the Hon. Paul J. Vichness, JSC. I also had the pleasure of interning for the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office, where I later was sworn in as an Assistant Prosecutor. During my experience as a law clerk, as well as an Assistant Prosecutor, I gained valuable experience with legal research and writing – a skill that I have honed and utilize to date on behalf of my clients and my students.
After leaving the Essex County Prosecutor’s office, I was an Assistant Prosecutor for the City of Newark where I assisted in organizing and supporting the City’s Quality of Life program. I worked closely with the Port Authority Police to prosecute illegal limousine activity at the Newark Airport. I also taught at the Newark Police Academy, training newly promoted Sergeants and Lieutenants about Newark municipal ordinances, and counterfeit DVDs and CDs being sold in the City in violation of State law.
Since leaving the City of Newark, I had my own law practice, and returned to teaching as an adjunct professor for the Criminal Justice Departments at Kean University, County College of Morris, and the College of St. Elizabeth. I am also a Senior Instructor for Garden State CLE, teaching other attorneys about various areas of criminal and civil law.
In 2013, I joined the Rem Katcher Law Group and focus the majority of my practice in Criminal Defense, DWI/DUI, and Motor Vehicle Offenses.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Motor Vehicle Offenses
- New Jersey, 1999
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2004
- New York Law School, New York, New York
Juris Doctor cum laude – 1999
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
S., Bachelor of Science – 1992
- Arrest, Search & Seizure Review – December 15, 2012, Garden State CLE
- Arrest, Search & Seizure review – September 6, 2013, Garden State CLE
- Search & Seizure Annual Review – December 31, 2013, Garden State CLE
- Popcorn CLE: Professionalism, Civility and Trial Tactics – December 31, 2013, Garden State CLE
- NJ Arrest, Search and Seizure Review, December 31, 2014
- Influence of American Cinema on NJ Domestic Violence Law, December 31, 2014
- NJ Arrest, Search and Seizure Review, December 31, 2015
- Bank to the Future – State v. Witt and the New Automobile Search Law, December 31, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- Women Lawyers in Bergen, Member